Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


I just made the most delicious cookies. I was randomly craving double chocolate chip cookies, so I went to the most beloved recipezaar.com and fortuitously found this recipe. DELICOUS. Some comments suggested going half and half on the white and brown sugars, but I used all white, and the cookies were heavenly. The dough is really thick, so when it says to fold in the chocolate chips, it means that in the most literal sense. My cookies weren't flattening in the oven, so I smashed them with a spoon when there were only a few minutes left to the baking time.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups margarine
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream together margaringe and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend in cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add flour and fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes.

1 comment: