Wednesday, January 28, 2009

World's Best Chili






I absolutely love this chili! I hope you enjoy it too!



Ingredients:



1 lb ground beef
1/2 c chopped onion
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1/2 c water
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 to 3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp salt


Directions:

Brown beef. Add onion and garlic powder. Drain and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.




I like to top it of with cheese and sour cream. And it's great with cornbread! I would recommend Krusteaz honey corn bread.
Some other things I've discovered about this recipe is that you can substitute two small cans of tomato sauce and don't add water if you do not have tomato paste. It'll turn out a little different, but it's still good. Sometimes I had more of the spices than the recipe suggests as well.


1 comment:

  1. Did I tell you you could share my chili recipie? That's been in the family for 300 years. Now look what you've done!!! ;) JK I'm glad you like it so much. Don't forget to have a blob of honey on the cornbread. That's good too!

    ReplyDelete